Refund Policy – Warranty Terms And Conditions
Terms of Ownership
- The good supplied pursuant to this contract [“the goods”] remain the property of Koffeeone [“the vendor”] until the purchaser pays to the vendor the entire purchase price shown [or any other amount agreed to in writing].
- Where the vendor has not been paid In full for the goods and the vendor delivers the goods to the purchaser, then the purchaser agrees with the vendor.a. To keep the goods as a bailee for the vendor and in a manner which clearly identifies them as the property of the vendor.
b. If the goods are resold, to do so as agent of the vendor and to hold all proceeds of such sale in separate account in trust for the vendor until payment in full for the goods has been received by the vendor.
- At any time after any part of the purchase price has fallen due for payment but has not been paid:a. The vendor may without notice to the purchaser seize or repossess the goods at any time;
b. The purchaser authorizes the vendor and any of the vendors agents or representatives to enter the premises shown as the address of the purchaser and any other premises at which the goods may be located or at any address which the vendor believes the goods are located, for the purpose of verifying or ascertaining the location of the goods and seizing or repossessing the goods.
- All costs and expenses [legal or otherwise] of any action taken by the vendor in exercising the rights conferred by this contract shall be deemed to be a debt due by the purchaser to the vendor.
It is agreed that the expression “purchaser” includes the “purchaser” and any director, agent or other person who is liable to pay the amount due under this contact.
Acceptance of the goods shall be acceptance of these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
These terms and conditions are subject to the provisions of the Trade Practises Act 1974, which afford statutory rights to consumers.
The invalidity of any clause or any part of a clause shall not affect any other clause or any other part of the clause.
The goods will be delivered by the vendor to the purchaser at the delivery address or otherwise to the address of the purchaser and from the time of dispatch thereof from the premises of the vendor and until such delivery, [notwithstanding any insurance effected by the vendor], the risk of any loss or damage to the goods for whatsoever cause will be at the risk of the purchaser who is responsible for effecting insurance of the goods while in transit.
- The purchaser agrees to pay interest on any overdue amount payable to the Vendor from the day when it becomes due at the rate from time to time applied by Westpac Banking Corporation on overdrafts in excess of $100,000 plus two percent [2%].
- The purchaser agrees to pay in addition to interest a monthly administration fee on overdue amounts of $25.00.
- Interest on overdue accounts and administration fees accrues to the vendor without prejudice to any other rights of the vendor.
Warranty commences from date of Purchase on the Bill of Sale ( or Invoice ) and is valid for 12 months. Labour warranty is 12 months, provided a recognized service agent installs the machine and performs the warranty service. Exclusions of labour warranty are travelling time, after hours surcharge, mishandling and misuse of machine. Exclusions to part warranty are consumables such as group seals, shower screens, water filters and wearing of the steam arm and front nut due to over tightening. Leakage from Blocked drainage pipes and hoses , leakage from non fitting water filters or where filters have been dislodged, leakage from coffee spouts on automatic machines where the spouts are blocked with used coffee grounds or coffee build up from insufficient cleaning.
Warranty is void where, the problem caused is found to be insufficient filtration of water to the machine, low or above normal pressure, low or abnormally high electricity supply, infestation by insects or vermin, tank contamination, accident [ie. fire, machine dropped or flooding]. Warranty ceases if the machine is interfered with or modified [in any way] other than by Koffeeone or is appointed agent / agents
Warranty does not cover, machine failure due to insufficient cleaning of all milk foaming components and coffee production components, ie, Coffee Brewer and coffee spouts and connections and Milk foaming device, milk pump and milk lines
Where a service repaired is not deemed to be covered under these warranty terms and conditions all charges incurred may attract a cost to the purchaser for such repairs and service work conducted
All warranty claims are to be submitted on the official Warranty Claim form , see form below
ADDITIONAL RETURNS AND WARRANTY POLICY
Our Returns and Warranty Policy includes the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant laws.
Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law – Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. The option to Refund or replace the machine is at the discretion of the manufacturer. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Koffeeone will determine the extent of the failure.
- Espresso machines and grinders for domestic applications: 12 months parts and labour, Machinery to be Returned To Place Of purchase or an approved agent by Koffeeone closest to the address of the customer.
- Espresso machines and grinders for commercial applications- i.e cafes and offices: 12 months parts and 3 months labour, Machinery to be Returned To Place Of purchase or an approved agent by Koffeeone closest to the address of the customer.
- Second Hand Espresso machines and grinders for commercial applications- i.e cafes and offices: 3 months parts and Labour warranty, Machinery to be Returned To Place Of purchase or an approved agent by Koffeeone closest to the address of the customer.
- Accessories and other equipment- as dictated by manufacturer/importer
Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Koffeeone is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Koffeeone adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Any liability of Koffeeone or our agents in connection with goods or services supplied by us to you will, subject to any non-excludable liability for breach of conditions or warranties implied by legislation and to the maximum extent permitted by law, at the election of Koffeeone, be limited to:
In relation to goods, the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or the payment of the cost of obtaining equivalent goods; and
In relation to services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a Koffeeone product, in the event of the sale of that product, provided that Koffeeone is informed in writing within 14 days of the sale of the subsequent owner’s name and contact details. The new owner of the equipment must retain the original invoice or copy thereof to be entitled to warranty service.
Warranty service is provided only within the country of purchase- i.e Australia.
For any product return, please Contact Us This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty. Any cost incurred by you in returning the item to us will be borne by you.
Please retain your receipt
In order to obtain a refund, exchange or to repair a product purchased from Koffeeone, including those products which carry a manufacturer’s warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase – typically, but not always, a receipt.
If we cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product from us then, under the law, we are entitled to reject the return of your product.
What should I do if I have changed my mind and want to return a product?
Please choose carefully as we do not normally accept return of goods where you have simply changed your mind or have chosen poorly. Should we decide to accept a return, a restocking fee of 30% + any credit card charges which we cannot recover is applied to all returns of items held in stock. Special order items cannot be returned. We cannot accept returns on used equipment nor of equipment without packaging or in opened packaging. Return freight to us is payable by you.
Product Assessment for warranty repair.
Once proof of purchase has been established, if the product fault can safely and clearly be determined, we will offer you either a refund, exchange or repair. The available remedy will depend on whether the fault amounts to a major failure. In some instances, we may need to consult with the manufacturer or importer to determine the fault and resolution. Most faults can be easily repaired within a reasonable time frame. We will not offer a repair or replacement if the product has been damaged via misuse or abuse. Examples include but are not limited to inadequately filtered water, lime scaling, corrosion due to high chloride ion concentrations in water, operator errors, unauthorised repair work or modification and fair wear and tear.
Whist we understand that many clients would like a loan machine in the event of a warranty item, we regret that this service is not available. We prioritise all warranty work over general repair to ensure the most rapid service possible.
- Where there is no fault found, the product will be made available for collection by the customer.
- When assessing product fault, it is up to you whether you would prefer to deal with Koffeeone or the manufacturer or importer directlty. It may be more convenient for you to liaise with the manufacturer or importer directly (which may be more time efficient ) You certainly have that option. We are happy to provide you with their relevant contact details to assist you.
What should I do if I am having difficulties with getting my product to work?
If you are experiencing problems operating your product, we strongly recommend that you contact us
It is our experience that often when customers believe the product they have purchased is faulty; it can usually be resolved with some basic ‘troubleshooting’.
What should I do if I have if I have fixed or bulky items to return?
If your product cannot be easily returned to us please contact us and we will do our best to offer a local solution. Please note that this may not be possible in all areas of Australia.
What happens if I have purchased a product online and need to return it?
Items can be returned by mail. Please contact us to coordinate this.
If I can’t find my receipt, can I use a bank statement as proof of purchase instead?
Unfortunately Koffeeone will not accept a bank or credit card statement unless the amount shown on that statement directly corresponds to the amount at which the product in question was purchased. Where multiple items were purchased in that transaction, it limits our ability to establish proof of purchase. We cannot provide copies of receipts if lost or misplaced.
Please note: When a refund is granted, we will refund the original purchase price via the previous method of payment indicated on the receipt.