Here are 8 simple secrets to care for your coffee beans:
- Keep your coffee beans in a cool and dry place, to ensure they stay fresher for longer.
- To keep your coffee beans even fresher, store them out of direct light, either in a dark place or a non transparent container.
- Do not store your coffee beans in a fridge, as they are full of moisture.
- Only place the amount of coffee beans you will need for a day in the hopper. To make your beans last even longer, top up your hopper throughout the day.
- If you can’t manage to use a full bag of coffee beans in a day, aim to keep any air out of the bag when tying off the opening of the bag before putting the beans back into storage.
- Only fill your hopper at the beginning of the day, or whenever needed.
- Aim to avoid leaving ground coffee in a hopper for over two hours, as the taste starts to deteriorate just after 30mins of sitting. This problem can be solved by using an on-demand coffee grinder, to create freshly ground coffee whenever needed.
- The coffee beans packaged in valved packaging last for around 12 months, but the taste peaks within the first 3 months.